MY TOP TEN ON REACHING 80 YEARS
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (Moses- Psalm 90:10 KJV)
Yes, it’s true you only turn 80 once. For my turn, my wife and friends threw me a great celebration for my 80th birthday. Since they urged me to share some memories, I compiled my top ten maxims to live by.
- God desires a balanced Christian life. (Charles Ryrie)
- “Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.” (Francis Bacon)
- Eating nutritiously, sleeping sufficiently, and exercising diligently made me a conundrum to my cardiologist.
- Bible reading is like eating, prayer like breathing, and witnessing like exercising. (Awana 1960 handbook)
- “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” (Jim Elliot, martyred missionary, Ecuador, 1956)
- Accurately defining requirements aids the communication process.
- I can’t do it all myself. I learn from many sources and need to train others. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Save early, allocate wisely, and give generously.
- My heart is Christ’s home; He must control each room. (Boyd Munger)
- I am a work in progress; the final product will be delivered to a better place— heaven.
My friends had gathered in the Fellowship Hall.
A celebration enjoyed by all.
Limited by time and constrained by space,
I looked for words to share God’s grace.
Like Moses after eighty years, I thought deeply about life lessons I am learning until I fly away.
More in MBC - Welcome to The Blog
December 10, 2019HUNGER FOR THE BIBLE
December 8, 2019The Supporting Cast of Christmas Elizabeth: The Cousin of Mary Luke 1 & 2
December 8, 2019My Favorite Service of the Year!