Dear Precious Saints of MBC,
- Give me eyes to see their spiritual thirst.
- Give me opportunity to speak with them.
- Give them a thirst, help me to see it.
- Is God inviting me to spend a little more time with them?
- What is the next "do" with them? Call? Coffee? Cookout? Church?
- Help them move another step closer to you.
- Reveal yourself to them in undeniable ways.
Recognize that people are in different phases of their spiritual journey.
#2 Make sure you know the gospel. People often ask, what is the best method for evangelism? The best method is to master the message and then the method will follow. Do you know the core content of the gospel? Can you share a version of the gospel? Once you have mastered the gospel content, you can then use any method you want. Memorize a gospel outline. For me, I've found the following most helpful:Man's Problem - All men are sinners and sin separates us from God.God's solution - Jesus Christ came and took the penalty for sin of which I was deserving and died in my place. Three days later he was raised from the dead.Our Responsibility - Exercise Saving Faith. Saving faith is claiming by personal choice that we are going to rely exclusively upon Christ's death and resurrection as our only hope for heaven and the forgiveness of sin.Finally
#3 Be Bold. Starting a conversation with someone you know or introduce yourself to someone you don't , can be scary. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words you need. Have courage! It might be awkward at first, but don't say no for people by not talking to them!